How can I see whose membership was on hold in the past? Can I view a history of membership holds?
🎉 We're working on a new and improved reports design with new features! We will be applying this new visual style to all of our reports soon. The Membership Holds report is available in our new reports section - you can view it here or by heading to Reports and clicking the toggle in the top left corner. Let us know what you think in the Product Feedback Portal!
This handy report lists all membership holds on your account, along with all the information related to them.
You can find this report under Reports >> click the toggle in the top left corner to turn on the new reports >> under 'Memberships Holds', click 'All Membership Holds'.
How to use the Memberships Holds Report
The memberships report features a list of your customers and their holds. You'll be able to see memberships currently on hold ('Active'), memberships that were on hold in the past ('Ended'), and memberships that are scheduled to go on hold ('Upcoming').
Let's take a look at how to navigate this page.
The first thing you'll see on this page is what we call "widgets", which are quick reports that you can take a look at without having to manipulate any data. At glance, you'll be able to see:
- The number of active holds you have right now
- The average hold length
- Membership with most holds
- Number of holds ending within the next 30 days
To see the data for each widget, click the 'View Report' button.
Filters and grouping options
This list can be filtered by:
Any Customer. Search a customer's name.
Any Membership. Select one or more membership names.
Any Type. Select a membership type (pack, recurring, pre-paid plan).
Any Status. Select a hold status: active (membership currently on hold), upcoming (hold scheduled), ended (membership was on hold in the past).
- Any Creation Date. Select a date or a date range for the membership hold create date. The creation date is the date on which you or your staff created the hold. For example, if on 23rd December you schedule all customer memberships to go on hold on the 25th of December, the creation date is the 23rd of December.
- Any Start Date. Select a date or a date range for the membership hold start date.
- Any End Date. Select a date or a date range for the membership hold end date.
- Any Payment Calculation. After a hold ends, the system calculates how much the customer owes or is owed to ensure they don't overpay or underpay, or it does nothing if you chose to override the automated calculation when setting up the hold. This filter allows you to view membership holds that resulted in no payment or credit, credit owed, or credit due.
- Class Prorated? Filter by holds that did or didn't generate class usage proration. After a hold ends, the system will prorate usage automatically when applicable, unless the no proration option was selected when setting up the hold.
Under 'Show', there are also multiple "group by" options that allow you to generate different views using one or multiple dimensions.
In the example below, we've grouped the report by hold status:
Download the data
To download the report with any other additional fields you might need, click the 'Download' button in the top right.