During the COVID-19 lockdown, you may have cancelled classes in bulk, or converted regular classes into online classes. In this guide, we'll explain how to reinstate your regular time table. You'll be able to continue running online classes at the same time if need be.
In this guide we'll cover:
How to reschedule cancelled classes
If you bulk-cancelled your classes by using the bulk cancel tool or by setting an end date to each time slot, you can easily reschedule them from Classes >> Class types.
Let's take a look at how to do this for each case.
How to reschedule if you ended your regular class time slots
If you ended each time slot, i.e., went into each class type and set an end date for each schedule, you'll need to create new time slots for each class type.
See 'Scheduling a class type' in this guide for help creating a schedule.
How to reschedule if you bulk-cancelled classes up to specific date
On the other hand, if you bulk-cancelled your classes up to a specific date, two things can happen:
- If you reopen sooner than you anticipated. For example, let's say you bulk-cancelled all classes until June 1, but you're re-opening on May 15. You would need to go into each class type and add a repeating time slot that ends before the existing one begins again, i.e., May 15 - May 31. On June 1, the existing time slot would resume. See 'Scheduling a class type' in this guide for help creating a new time slot.
- If you reopen when expected. Nothing else needs to be done, your existing time slots will populate the calendar.
How to change your online classes to regular classes
If you converted your physical venue into an online venue
- If you want to instantly change the classes back to a physical venue
In this case, all you'll need to do is change the settings on your venue to change it from online back to a physical one.
To do this, head to Settings >> Venues >> click 'Edit' >> set 'Type' to "Physical venue with an address" and save changes.
Once done, all classes linked to this venue will automatically update to the physical venue.
- If you want to schedule the venue switch for a future date
In this case, you'll need to:
- Make sure you have the desired physical venue added from Settings>>Venue. If you need to add a new venue, please see How to add a venue.
- Edit the schedule to change the venue on a future date. Head to Classes >> Class types. Here, you'll need to go into each class and edit the schedule so that the venue changes on the desired date.
To do this, click a class, then click the gear icon next to a time slot and select 'Edit'.
In the example below, we're changing the Monday 8:00-9:00 time slot back to a physical venue and have set the 'Effective edit date' to May 18, which is when our offline classes will resume:
If you created an online venue and new class types
If you created all-new class types for your online classes and you won't be running them anymore for the time being, you can simply set an end date for each schedule. If needed, you can always come back to the class type and create a new schedule.
To create an end date for a class schedule, head to Classes >> Class types >> click a class >> click the gear icon next to the time slot and click 'Edit dates' to set the desired end date.
If you created an online venue and added it to some of your previously existing time slots
If you created an online venue and updated some of your existing time slots, you can reinstate the physical venue by editing the venue on the time slots. You can also set an effective edit date for when the switch should take place.
You'll be able to do this from Classes >> Class types >> click desired class >> click the gear icon next to a time slot and select 'Edit'.
In the example below, we're changing the Monday 8:00-9:00 time slot back to a physical venue and have set the 'Effective edit date' to May 18, which is when our regular classes will resume:
How to schedule a brand new class type
If you need to add new classes to your schedule, see How to set up a class type.