You can easily update your members' fees in bulk from the Memberships section. The bulk edit tool within each membership allows you to apply the same price to all or some of your customers.
IMPORTANT: If you’re using GoCardless for payments please see the F.A.Q. below these steps before actioning.
Here are the 3 simple steps you need to take:
- Head to Memberships >> Memberships >> select the desired membership. Here you'll see a Payments Plans section where you can select to Edit the plan.
Please note that if you have multiple payment plans, you will need to edit the price on each one. If you have payment plans which are no longer for sale, we'd recommend checking these too, just in case there are any members still on them.
2. To edit the price for existing members:
- Scroll down to the Existing Members section within the Edit Payment Plan page and select "Yes, let me choose new prices for the existing members".
- Click the top left-hand box in the title row of your existing customer list and click on 'select all'.
- Then click on the New Price drop-down box, and select to set to the price for new customers. Alternatively, you change the price for each individual customer by editing the price box besides their name with the desired amount.
- Finally, click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Note that the price change will take effect immediately for all customers with the exception of scheduled GoCardless payments (see "I am using GoCardless, what do I need to look out for?" below for more details).
3. After you've edited the prices, we'd recommend verifying by checking your upcoming billing. You can view upcoming payments from Billing/Revenue >> Upcoming billing.
I am using GoCardless, what do I need to look out for?
GoCardless begin processing payments 7 days before the billing day, which means that any changes made to membership prices after the 7 day mark won't apply to scheduled bills.
For example, if your members pay on the 1st of the month and you update your prices on the 25th of the month, payments will already be scheduled with the old amount and the new price won't apply.
In this instance, you can either:
- If the payments are scheduled and haven't begun processing, you'll be able to skip them manually and then add an ad-hoc payment with the new amount for each customer.
- If the payments are already processing (you won’t be able to skip as per above step if they are), you may still be able to cancel them from GoCardless directly. Once done, you'll need to create an ad-hoc payment for each customer with the new price.
- Or, if neither of the above is possible, you can wait for the payments to go through and then refund your customers the difference via account credit or the monetary value via GoCardless.
What date should I change my payments if I am using GoCardless?
We recommend changing the price 8 days before the date of the first payment the change applies to. For example, if your customers all bill on 1st of May you would change the prices on 24th April.
What if I use another payment processor?
If you're using any other processors, such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, PaySimple, etc., you'll be able to change the price up until the day before. For example, if your customers bill on the 5th of the month and you update the membership price on the 4th, their bill on the 5th will reflect the new price.